Skip to main content

我覺得,還可以

 大家好! This week was so cool!

Tuesday we had a mission devotional with Elder and Sister Rasband! They have a grandson in our mission so this was there Christmas gift to him haha. Elder Rasband told us "this is your mission". Even though some of us are here temporarily we have been reassigned by apostles and this is where we are supposed to be. It was a good reminder that I should be focusing on the work here instead of looking to Taiwan too much. He also allowed one Elder and Sister to ask a question and my companion Elder Lopez was chosen! So he got to introduce us and ask his question to an Apostle which was so cool.

Our Christmas ornaments

Thursday we had Zone Conference which was really a mission conference over zoom because we can't meet in person. It was like 7 hours long but it was really good. There was a lot of training on finding and being more creative in our finding ways. We've been trying to implement that and we've been making some Christmas ornaments for less-actives. One of our members also made dinner for us Chinese elders which was so nice cuz we were running out of food haha.

Friday was a super busy day, we had a lesson with our friend Emily who lives like 30 min away. It went pretty good, at least I think so because I was distracting her 6-year-old daughter the whole time so my companions could actually teach a lesson haha. Also we had an awesome miracle! With the way the days lined up we didn't get our MSF money on Monday so we couldn't go shopping and we were literally out of food by Friday. But our family friend Esther reached out to me and dropped off groceries for us! I was so thankful and immediately recognized it ask a blessing for our Heavenly Father. We also had a Book of Mormon study with Lai弟兄 and then two member visits with some less-actives. We've been finding about 1 new person a week and have a pretty good teaching pool which is amazing for our mission.

Saturday we helped with a service project which was a nice change from our daily routine. We also potentially found another person named Jane who wants us to teach her son but he wasn't home so we just taught her haha.

Spam Mitsubishi (It looks bad cuz I don't have the plastic box)

Sunday Emily and the Tang家庭 came to church again! Even though our branch is small I love church and seeing all our members there. Sunday is one of my favorite days because we get to see so many people.

I still don't know if I'm going to Taiwan next transfer or not but I'm listening to Elder Rasband and focusing on the people here in our area. Overall it's going really good and I'm excited for Christmas this week!

我愛你們! 聖誕節,快樂!


照片

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week

 大家好!It's been a really good first week. Wednesday was my first day but I didn't have classes until 4:30 and it was mainly orientation stuff so it was pretty chill. I met my district and teachers and they are all awesome! It was kinda awkward at first especially since we are on Zoom and no one would talk haha, but it's better now. My companion is Elder Jackson and he's super cool. He lives in Lehi and likes to play golf so I think we're going to go golfing one of these P-days. Thursday however, was a different story. It was a full day of classes and we jumped right into Chinese. I thought my two years of High School Chinese would help but honestly, I was pretty lost the whole time haha. After all my classes I was feeling pretty stressed about learning Chinese. Throughout the day though we talked about the Gift of Tongues and that if you put in your best effort the Lord will make it enough. I prayed about that at night and asked for the spirit to bring me peace and t

Re-reassignment

 大家好! As most of you know I got a new reassignment this week. I'm now going to the California Oakland/San Francisco Mission! I'm super excited because there will be a lot more opportunities to use and practice Chinese. I'm also glad it won't be as cold as Denver haha. I'm now leaving on Nov 24 which was my original date to leave. It's good for me because I didn't know what I was going to do for the week where I had no MTC or anything. Still so crazy that I'll finally be heading out in a little over two weeks. Also, all the other missionaries from my district that live in Utah got reassigned to Oakland. The other four that are out of state all got assigned to Utah missions so we think it has to do something with our visas. The visa lady emailed most of us who live in Utah and told us to get the final parts of our visa done. We had to do some medical stuff at the BYU Health Center and now that that's finished they are processing our visas! I'm stil

特別願意

大家好! I can't believe I'm just about done with my first transfer. We got the transfer board on Saturday and I'm staying in Hayward with Elder Vos. Elder Lopez is leaving to San Fran but we're getting a new greenie so technically Elder Vos is double training but I sorta get to train the new greenie haha. That will be fun. I also found out this week that Taiwan is closing its borders right now because of Covid so our visa process has stopped. It was super sad to hear and I'm not sure when I'll be able to go but I know this is all part of the Lord's plan. This week we had a couple good lessons with 陸先生 and he came to Church on Sunday! It was good to see him after a couple weeks and we had some members present in our lessons to help fellowship him. He is slowly progressing and getting closer to baptism.  Visiting Lude and Kai We honestly haven't had the greatest week, we've found a lot of people but a lot of times they aren't really that interested an