Skip to main content

是的



 大家好! This week was so good and I can't believe I'm already halfway done with the transfer.

Tuesday we had a great lesson with 陸先生. We talked about following the prophet and he said he believed in our living prophet today so we moved on to the Word of Wisdom. He told us that he drinks sometimes but then was totally willing to give it up to follow the Word or Wisdom. He has a  testimony of this gospel but he says he's not ready for baptism yet so we're praying for him.

Wednesday we taught our friend Meili and gave her a Book of Mormon. We don't have set appointments with her so we usually just show up and see if she's home. She seems to really be interested in learning more about the gospel and is opening up to us now so that's really cool.


奶黃包 from Oakland

Thursday we had a bunch of member visits. We visited with a guy named Jay who has been a member for almost a year now. He actually goes to an English ward so he can learn English (and our branch is pretty much only old people who are active) but we meet with him anyway. He's super cool and we spend a  while just learning Chinese from him and teach him a little English haha.  We also met with the Hsu家庭 and Jennifer. They're all so nice especially  Jennifer who offers to help us fellowship even with her busy schedule.  

Friday we met up with Sun Yuan at a park so we could give her a Book of  Mormon. She's a really sweet Chinese lady who is actually really smart and has a high intellectual for learning. It's slow but she's progressing more and more as we reach her. Right after we got a call from Luda to meet her at her friend's house. We went and she introduced us to her friends the 糖家庭.  They were really nice and we prayed for their family. We shared a short message and got to know them. The whole time they talked in Mandarin and I wasn't able to understand everything but it was good practice and a taste of what Taiwan will be like.

My trainer sleeping during a meeting
Sunday our friend Emily and the 糖家庭 were at church! It was so awesome to finally have some of our friends come to church. We also talked to Meili again but it was cold and rainy outside so we didn't spend a lot of time teaching her.

The first couple of weeks were hard adjusting to new people and working hard everyday but last week I was studying charity and came across Moroni 7:48.  I read "pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love". I took Moroni's advice and prayed every day I could have charity for all those around me. And well it went pretty well haha. I  had an amazing week and even only being here for 3 weeks I already have so much love for the people I'm serving. The members are all so amazing and our friends are progressing in the gospel. I kept looking toward Taiwan instead of focusing on where I am right now but now I appreciate the opportunity I have to serve her in California.

我愛你們! Also, I'd love to hear from all of you so feel free to email me!  

照片

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week

 大家好!It's been a really good first week. Wednesday was my first day but I didn't have classes until 4:30 and it was mainly orientation stuff so it was pretty chill. I met my district and teachers and they are all awesome! It was kinda awkward at first especially since we are on Zoom and no one would talk haha, but it's better now. My companion is Elder Jackson and he's super cool. He lives in Lehi and likes to play golf so I think we're going to go golfing one of these P-days. Thursday however, was a different story. It was a full day of classes and we jumped right into Chinese. I thought my two years of High School Chinese would help but honestly, I was pretty lost the whole time haha. After all my classes I was feeling pretty stressed about learning Chinese. Throughout the day though we talked about the Gift of Tongues and that if you put in your best effort the Lord will make it enough. I prayed about that at night and asked for the spirit to bring me peace and t

Re-reassignment

 大家好! As most of you know I got a new reassignment this week. I'm now going to the California Oakland/San Francisco Mission! I'm super excited because there will be a lot more opportunities to use and practice Chinese. I'm also glad it won't be as cold as Denver haha. I'm now leaving on Nov 24 which was my original date to leave. It's good for me because I didn't know what I was going to do for the week where I had no MTC or anything. Still so crazy that I'll finally be heading out in a little over two weeks. Also, all the other missionaries from my district that live in Utah got reassigned to Oakland. The other four that are out of state all got assigned to Utah missions so we think it has to do something with our visas. The visa lady emailed most of us who live in Utah and told us to get the final parts of our visa done. We had to do some medical stuff at the BYU Health Center and now that that's finished they are processing our visas! I'm stil

特別願意

大家好! I can't believe I'm just about done with my first transfer. We got the transfer board on Saturday and I'm staying in Hayward with Elder Vos. Elder Lopez is leaving to San Fran but we're getting a new greenie so technically Elder Vos is double training but I sorta get to train the new greenie haha. That will be fun. I also found out this week that Taiwan is closing its borders right now because of Covid so our visa process has stopped. It was super sad to hear and I'm not sure when I'll be able to go but I know this is all part of the Lord's plan. This week we had a couple good lessons with 陸先生 and he came to Church on Sunday! It was good to see him after a couple weeks and we had some members present in our lessons to help fellowship him. He is slowly progressing and getting closer to baptism.  Visiting Lude and Kai We honestly haven't had the greatest week, we've found a lot of people but a lot of times they aren't really that interested an