Skip to main content

有信心有辦法



 大家好! Not gonna lie this week was kinda slow. I'm still adjusting to missionary life and working hard all day. MTC definitely spoiled me because I had so much free time and could sleep a lot more haha. It's been good though and it's getting better.

Hot pot

We found a new person to teach this week! Her name is Meili and she's a sweet little Chinese lady that lives close to Luda. You need to teach someone twice for it to count as a new person so we had two lessons with her just on her porch. I can't really understand much of what she says but I get the basic understanding of what she says. We also had some good visits with less active members in our branch and we even got one to join our church zoom call! We blessed Luda and Lais sacrament with the other Chinese elders this week and it was actually really cool. Luda shared her testimony with us and you could feel the Spirit with all of us there.

More boba

Tuesday we went to hot pot for 文長老 birthday dinner. His parents paid for it so we got a lot and it was sooo good haha. I'm excited for Taiwan because there will be way more Chinese food to eat. I also had a new missionary training on Tuesday that was like 3 hours but it was good. The bay area just got more covid restrictions so outdoor dining and indoor meeting with members is not allowed anymore. It's kinda sad because we can't do exchanges or anything and we spend a lot of time inside already. Today we went to the mission home in Oakland though to get a new car and order name tags. We also went to the Oakland Chinatown for a little bit and got some food. We live in one of the outermost zones so we don't see that many other missionaries so it was fun to go to the mission house and see some other missionaries. Overall it was a good week and I'm still learning lots.


我愛你們!


P.S. My mission president told me there's a chance I'll go to Taiwan next transfer so fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week

 大家好!It's been a really good first week. Wednesday was my first day but I didn't have classes until 4:30 and it was mainly orientation stuff so it was pretty chill. I met my district and teachers and they are all awesome! It was kinda awkward at first especially since we are on Zoom and no one would talk haha, but it's better now. My companion is Elder Jackson and he's super cool. He lives in Lehi and likes to play golf so I think we're going to go golfing one of these P-days. Thursday however, was a different story. It was a full day of classes and we jumped right into Chinese. I thought my two years of High School Chinese would help but honestly, I was pretty lost the whole time haha. After all my classes I was feeling pretty stressed about learning Chinese. Throughout the day though we talked about the Gift of Tongues and that if you put in your best effort the Lord will make it enough. I prayed about that at night and asked for the spirit to bring me peace and t

Re-reassignment

 大家好! As most of you know I got a new reassignment this week. I'm now going to the California Oakland/San Francisco Mission! I'm super excited because there will be a lot more opportunities to use and practice Chinese. I'm also glad it won't be as cold as Denver haha. I'm now leaving on Nov 24 which was my original date to leave. It's good for me because I didn't know what I was going to do for the week where I had no MTC or anything. Still so crazy that I'll finally be heading out in a little over two weeks. Also, all the other missionaries from my district that live in Utah got reassigned to Oakland. The other four that are out of state all got assigned to Utah missions so we think it has to do something with our visas. The visa lady emailed most of us who live in Utah and told us to get the final parts of our visa done. We had to do some medical stuff at the BYU Health Center and now that that's finished they are processing our visas! I'm stil

特別願意

大家好! I can't believe I'm just about done with my first transfer. We got the transfer board on Saturday and I'm staying in Hayward with Elder Vos. Elder Lopez is leaving to San Fran but we're getting a new greenie so technically Elder Vos is double training but I sorta get to train the new greenie haha. That will be fun. I also found out this week that Taiwan is closing its borders right now because of Covid so our visa process has stopped. It was super sad to hear and I'm not sure when I'll be able to go but I know this is all part of the Lord's plan. This week we had a couple good lessons with 陸先生 and he came to Church on Sunday! It was good to see him after a couple weeks and we had some members present in our lessons to help fellowship him. He is slowly progressing and getting closer to baptism.  Visiting Lude and Kai We honestly haven't had the greatest week, we've found a lot of people but a lot of times they aren't really that interested an